Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Love Weekends!

I now officially own 1.5 sheep!  Halfway there!  This weekend was our annual spinning retreat and I made my second sheep payment there.  I also was able to spend some time relaxing and spinning yarn for my shawl project.  I have also been taking the chicks outside to give them some time in the sun.  Below are some of the most recent photos.  My goals for the next 2 weeks are to purchase the fencing for the sheep and put it up, clean out the basement so items from the shed (which will be the new home for the sheep) can be moved into the basement, and begin preparing the garden.  So far I know I want to grow lettuce, collard greens, green beans, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and beets.  I also need to begin saving up money for my CSA share!  So much to do and so little time!  Enjoy the photos and I will post more as I make some progress this week :)
Our B^3 (B-cubed) chickens...this is our own new breed.   They are part Barnevelder, Bantam, and Buff Orpington.  Bred for great egg production, heartiness to the weather, and all around friendliness.


A close-up of Chipmunk, one of the chicks.

One of the guinea hens decided to fly up onto the roof!  These guys are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment