Saturday, April 21, 2012

Movie Review: Man on Wire

Last week I had the privilege of viewing the documentary "Man on Wire".  The documentary followed the life of Philippe Petit, a French tightrope walker, and his obsession with walking on a tightrope between the twin towers.  When I first heard a description of this film, I will admit that I was not sure how interesting 90 minutes of a guy tightrope walking would be.  However, after hearing a review of the film on NPR, I figured it would be worth giving it a shot.  What a wonderful film I almost missed out on!  The film not only shows him walking between the towers, which is a mesmerizing site in and of itself, it follows his years of planning a caper to trespass into the towers with a team of people and a huge tightrope all while having to escape detection by security guards and cops.  Philippe is a charismatic character who, along with a team that is as varied as it is unique, takes the viewer on a journey of fantasy, suspense, humor, and amazement as he strives to accomplish his dream.  You will not be disappointed in this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment